Below are some trends and industry best-practices to keep in mind when managing your laundry business!
- Tax tip: Right deductions can ease expense burden. Be sure to only deduct expenses allowed by law. Important to consider for travel.
- When buying fabrics, a universal rule of thumb is to check with the manufacturer about care instructions, and then follow them.
- 71.4% of launderers claim that they transport all goods that they process according to a Laundry News survey.
- It is best to work on maintaining equipment now rather than neglecting this and paying dearly later.
- 90.9% of launderers say that cross-training has generated cost savings for their operations according to Laundry News survey.
- It is very important for laundry plants to have disaster planning in place in case of fires or natural disasters. Learn about OSHA’s laws!
- Did you know that laundry operations consume more than 150 billion gallons of fresh water annually? Learn more about water recycling.
- 55.2% of launderers position their businesses as “green” or “environmentally friendly” according to the Laundry News survey.
- Prevent MRSA in laundry operations by using PPE (personal protective equipment) in sorting and wash hands regularly.
- Did you know that an efficient industrial laundry operates at 1.8 to 2 therms per headweight? Anything above 2.5 and the laundry is wasting money.
- 77.8% of launderers say that they use calls to potential customers as a means of promoting their businesses according to laundry news survey.
- A common misconception about autosortation technology is that payback is more than five years. There are now many options to reduce this.
- According to American Laundry News survey, dependability is the employee trait that managers value most. Trustworthiness is second most valued.
- Did you know that 90% of heat transfer fluid breakdowns are caused by equipment issues? Conduct a paratherm fluid analysis for prevention.
- 25% of launderers say that their number 1 laundry/linen priority for 2013 is to build on quality staff.
- According to experts, laundry should be washed with detergent and bleach for 25 minutes in 160 F water to kill bacteria and viruses.
- 66.7% of laundry plant fires are caused by dryers, so be sure to check your dryers and carry out preventative maintenance.
- There are many benefits to listening to your employees. They can inform you about plant or culture issues that you never considered!
- Roughly half of launderers believe that accreditation is beneficial for their businesses’ operations according to Laundry News survey.
- Did you know that a liquid detergent systems saves your plant more money than powdered detergent? Powders can also be difficult to store.
- 96.7% of laundries equip their laundry workers with personal protective equipment (gloves, gowns etc.) designed to prevent injuries from sharps.
- More launderers are turning to ozone, the most powerful commercially available disinfectant , for safety, quality and costs benefits.
- Consider energy management planning to reduce costs and improve throughput.
- 58.3% of launderers have implemented video surveillance as a safety measure in their plants.
Get more industry news as it happens by subscribing to the Wire and American Laundry News FREE. Go to Americanlaundrynews.com!
Copyright © 2023 NELA. All Rights Reserved. • firstname.lastname@example.org • 781.397.8870